If you’d like to enjoy a picnic on our beautiful grounds, the best way is with a fresh, hand-made boxed lunch. Orders for boxed lunches must be made at least 24 hours in advance of your visit and will be available at the tasting room. Please call Burntshirt Vineyards at (828) 685-2402 to place a boxed lunch order. Boxed lunches include a sandwich and side of your choice, a homemade cookie, and a bottled water.
- Chicken salad: Our most popular sandwich! Fresh all white meat chicken hand tossed with mayo, dried cranberries and walnuts. Served on a multi-grain bread.
- Turkey Supreme: Homemade multi-grain cranberry roll stacked high with smoked turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce and topped with a sweet cranberry chutney.
- Roast Beef Bleu: Sliced roast beef on Pumpernickel bread with onions and a homemade blue cheese bacon spread.
- Southern Ham: Succulent ham served on potato bread with Swiss cheese, champagne mustard, lettuce and tomato, and topped with a pickle.
- Pasta Salad: Colorful pasta with carrots, black olives, cheddar cheese, sun-dried tomato and golden Italian dressing.
- Potato Salad: All the traditional ingredients with a touch of sour cream and honey.
- House Salad with Grilled Chicken. Oil & Vinegar dressing with a side of fruit.
- Pimento cheese, Egg salad sandwich or Chef-made Hummus with Veggies and fresh fruit
Boxed lunches are made at Cafe on the Veranda, inside A Day in the Country. A popular local gathering place for home cooked food and locally-made crafts, A Day in the Country is located 2.5 miles from Burntshirt Vineyards.